My two favorite full moons (What? You don’t have a favorite? I think you’re just not paying attention!) are full moon in Taurus (October) and full moon in Scorpio (this weekend). They contain so much energy that resonates with the very core of my being.
As an aside, I also love Beltane New Moon (in Taurus), for similar reasons. The ritual we do every year at New Moon Gathering just lends itself to all the dirty jokes ever. Also, it invokes Venus or Erzulie, depending on the year, and who doesn’t love love?
Since this particular Scorpio Full Moon seems even more intense than usual, and it looks like we might not have critical mass for circle, I thought I would put some of thoughts down here, in the hopes that it may help someone else.
The keynotes are
- Consolidate your efforts
- Look at your boundaries, and be willing to redraw them if necessary
- Keep your eyes peeled (what a terrible expression)
- Make friends with your shadows – they are disenfranchised parts of your soul
- The veil is thin thin thin – be conscious of how you interact with that
- Be mindful of your actions, your reactions, and the effect those have on the people around you
- Releasing patterns that come from old wounds is especially indicated
This really is one of the more introverted Full Moons. Spend time journaling, go sit under a tree and listen to what your heart has to say, and/or clean out your closet.
Blessings to you and yours!